Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Words and Photos from Lisa...

 Enjoying the sun at our hotel in Nemi near Rome. This is on the shores of a lake in a volcano crater and not too far from Castel Gandolfo, the Pope's summer residence - about 35km from downtown Rome.

 The town of Assisi - looking up at the Basilica. Higher up the hill is a castle that defended the town against attack. We didn't go that high.

 Yes, I'll have the pizza and fries, please.   .... Oh! They come together? ... That's a tad different.

 The giant lemons in the town of Pompeii. Quite a few products are made with the various parts of these lemons - limoncello liquer, lemon chocolates, lemon candies, lemon pastries... etc, etc.

And leaving Italy behind ... winging our way home... on a very full flight.

Lisa at the Keyboard:

Trip of a lifetime! Really made my last year at Madonna a memorable one! We made memories to last a lifetime. I will never forget climbing to the top of the Duomo in Firenze or skipping rocks in Sorrento.

I learned many new Italian phrases (vagabondo) and some of which I should not repeat in front of my Nonna.

I will never forget our amazing bus driver Osvaldo, our fantastic tour guide Mary and who can forget Marianna!;)

I recommend a trip like this to all of the Madonna students that will be returning next year!
I would encourage all ht the girls to participate on a similar trip if they have the opportunity. You truly learn invaluable lessons and you are guaranteed to have the time of your lives!

I would like to thank Mrs. Bellissimo for allowing our school to participate on the international trip, and Mr. Lio and Dr. Piccininni for being brave and taking all of the 14 Madonna to Bella Italia!
It was a blast!

Ciao a tutti,

Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment